Monday, April 28, 2014

Agape II

            As I figure out what I would like to do when I return the states – I have been constantly flipping between college campus minister positions and high school teaching positions.  We shall soon see where I end up!

            With that being said – YCHS ran its annual junior retreat on Friday, April 25 and Saturday, April 26.  Agape II had so much love and so much God.  This year – the seniors led the retreat with some guidance and preparation from myself, Mr. Lupo, and Mr. Kelly.  Fr. Mulreany handled all that we needed from the parents (I don’t want to spoil any surprises by saying just what that may mean!) Preparing the six senior leaders for the retreat was one of my favorite experiences on Yap – we even spent a day off over Easter choosing a retreat song and making up an absolutely wonderfully ridiculous dance to teach the retreatants.  The song was “Hall of Fame” by The Script – and “Be a Champion” was a common retreat theme.  We all went out for lunch specials at Oasis Restaurant afterward as a thank-you for all of the students hard work.

            The retreat itself was simply God.  The love was palpable.  There was so much sharing, so much honesty, so much trust.  I held myself fairly well together throughout the retreat – but during a moment of shared prayer with the small group I was supervising, they pulled out all of the loving stops to make the tears flow.

            Thank-you for all of the prayers and love being sent from back home in the States.  We were praying for Search 73 and sending all of our love as well.

Check out the pictures on facebook/ some on the last post!

Will you come and follow me if I but call your name?
Will you go where you don't know and never be the same?
Will you let my love be shown? Will you let my name be known,
will you let my life be grown in you and you in me?”

-The Summons

No comments:

Post a Comment